Okay...so if you know me at all then you know that I love looking at the clouds. Well, actually during the day it is the clouds and at night it is the stars:) Something about it is so comforting to me and in my eyes you can't look at it and Not be thankful to God for all that He has blessed you with. So, every morning I read a daily devotional from the book Keeping God in the Small Stuff and this was today's reading. I hope you enjoy...I went for a walk to take it all in.
may 27: The Beauty of Creation (When you see a beautiful painting, you compliment the artist. So, when you experience the beauty in nature, praise the Creator.)
Our world is filled with beauty, but usually we are too busy to notice. An early morning routine forces us to miss the sunrise, and we're engulfed with activities into the evening so we don't enjoy the sunset. Maybe your daily commute takes you past majestic scenery- but you never notice because you're too upset by the driver that cut in front of you.
Imagine that you attended an art exhibition featuring incredible paintings by a local artist. If you blasted through the gallery without looking at the paintings, you would insult the artist, and you would be depriving yourself of the beauty on display.
And so it is with the world around you. God is the Master Artist Who creatively designed the beauty in nature. Don't rush through His gallery. Stop long enough to enjoy the splendor of the earth. And compliment Him on His artistry.
*The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a stellar first blog! You've really got the hang of this! Good job!
Hey Maghan,
This is Julie Holt Young. I was just going to tell you that I ran across your blog today. I didn't want you to think that I was stalking you, so I was going to post a comment! Welcome to the blog world. Hope things are going well for you guys.....
Feel free to check out my blog sometime also. I think there is a link to it if you click on my name.
Post a Comment