Yes..I'm going on week 2 and I only have one post to show for it. I really enjoyed my first week off. I picked up a new hobby...running. Now, I am no where near running a marathon and it wasn't anything I planned, it just happened. Last Monday, I went for a walk and while I was out I got the urge to start running. I really need to lose some weight and I didn't really feel like the walking was helping me, so I stepped it up. Now, to the end of the our neighborhood and back is 2 miles. I would run as far as I could and then walk a little and then run again. I'm proud to say that I did this everyday except for Sunday. Hal and I had a guest staying with us then and after our company left it started raining, so I took that as a sign that I needed a day of rest :) Well, I didn't run yesterday, but I did walk with Hal in the neighborhood. I think I need new shoes! Since I've never really been a runner, I have never really had the need for good running shoes. Just got my good ole New Balances and lately I have noticed that the lower front part of my legs have started hurting :( WHAT! That is why I just walked yesterday and will run not as much today. My goal this week is to find a good pair of running shoes. SO ... if I have any running friends out there, will you please help a girl out. I'm up for suggestions. I kinda look forward to running now...don't know where that came from but I do. Well...I don't know if I can truly say that I really enjoy it while I'm running but right before and right after I do, so we will say overall I look forward to it. I really like that I have seen a few pounds go...I really like that and that really motivates me. We'll see if I can keep it up throughout the summer...I think I can.
Now, with the rest of my time I have decorated my whole house... in my mind. I know exactly where I'm getting all the furniture and accessories I feel like we 'need' for our house. I think this is where Hal gets a little nervous (summer= time to shop). Sunday night I took him around to see some of the things I had picked out while he was in California. Now, when I say I got that piece for the foyer ...he will know exactly what I'm talking about. :) I have a feeling I might be asked to go to California with him next time. At least I didn't buy everything I saw this week so I think I was good. I do have BIG plans though.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I am so jealous. I have always wanted to be a runner. Maybe I should give your techinique a try!
I can't wait to see all the decorating you do this summer! Your house is already beautiful!
Glad you are enjoying your time off. I'm jealous!
keep running!! we need to find a race to sign up for in august so that will keep us motivated. i haven't been doing to well lately, but i'm going to pick it up here soon. :)
i bought some new shoes when i started.....it was my motivation. i went with good ole nikes but that's what i've always had so.....not sure if that's much help.
i like the nike airs....but i also have a good pair of sauconys that i like to run in too. the best thing to do is just go try a few on and get a feel for them. (i kinda sound like i know what i'm talking about don't i?? don't fall for it because i don't!) :)
What shoes did Forest wear?
Hey! I'm so excited I found you on here! I'm going to tag you as a favorite. Hope you're doing great! Love and miss ya!!
Kiera
I really didn't get to read your blog till now, but I'm impressed. I can't run much any more because my knees are horrible, but I do really miss it. Sometimes I'll be out walking and just really want to run, so I will for about 30 yards and then I have to stop. It's so sad! :) But I would recommend for your first pair going to one of those nice shoe stores (I can get the name for you, for the one in B'ham, if you want it) and they watch you walk/run and recommend the shoe for your foot, inside/outside walker that sort of thing. And then when those shoes wear out, you can go from there! I'm excited for you. Keep us posted on all your progress!! :)
You may have already bought a pair... I'm a little behind in my blog reading... but if you haven't, I have a suggestion. Go to the Trak Shak. There is one in Homewood and one on Hwy 280. They will evaluate how you walk and suggest shoes based on your pronation (over, under, normal) - basically which way your foot rolls when you naturally walk or run. Apparently, I tend to OVER pronate meaning that once my heel hits, my foot rotates inward, and I push off my big toe. Anyway, the correct pair of running shoes can make a big difference. Tip #1: Don't pick your shoes based on how cute they are. Tip #2: Get a 1/2 size or a size bigger. When you run longer distances (especially in the heat) your feet will swell. If the shoes aren't big enough, your feet will end up smushed inside... not comfortable. Anyway, these are some pretty basic tips on running shoes from a non-professional runner who HATES to run. Love you!
Oh, and by the way. I devoted a whole blog post to my running shoes last summer. They are Asics... my personal favorite brand.
Blog about something new already!
Post a Comment