Now...I don't remember the exact day that I took the test and we found out AND I kinda feel bad about that. The baby book we got to keep up with all the fun facts ask that question. I do remember it was sometime during my birthday week and I definitely was VERY scared.
Hal and I had gone through two miscarriages by this point. The last one was in November 2008 and after that my doctor ran lots of test and procedures on me to figure out what was just going on! Luckily, she discovered that I have a thyroid problem. Now, I of course don't have the thyroid problem that makes you super skinny....OH NO....I have hypothyroidism. I do use the word "luckily" because I was told that was an easy fix. So off to the thyroid specialist I went. I do remember going the week before my birthday and he just stressed over and over that I do not need to get pregnant until the following summer. He said if I were to get pregnant before the summer then I would just be setting myself up for another miscarriage. SO... when I saw the test say "pregnant" the next week, I just started bawling....big time bawling! I have an amazing husband that picked me up off the floor (literally) and just started praying for this pregnancy...
Boy, was it a journey. I was considered "High Risk", so I went weekly for the first trimester to have blood work done. Before all of this I had the absolute BIGGEST fear of needles...still don't like them and I definitely still give the lady the spill about my fear before she starts, BUT I know now that I will live during the actual process of taking my blood:) We did have a scary week in Feburary where we thought we might lose the baby. I started having complications over the weekend and we went in on a Monday and the heartbeat was very low . They asked us to come back in two days to see if the heartbeat had improved. I remember Hal asking what number we needed to see in two days and we had several people praying for that exact number. Well, we went back two days later and you know it...the heartbeat was the exact number we were praying for. God is so good!
Once we were in the clear...for me that took a lot longer to get to that place of "in the clear", but once I let myself get there we started telling people, registering, having fun showers, and getting the nursery ready. Addison was on her way! The next post will tell about all of the above...enjoy!
P.S. I talked about the test saying "pregnant" and not the one with lines for a reason. Word of advice, if you go to buy a pregnancy test just get the one that actually says pregnant or not pregnant. BELIEVE ME your eyes will start playing tricks on you if you use the ones with the lines....I'm just saying :)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your back to blogging again! All this is definitely stuff you want to document for memories. So glad Addison thrived and is healthy and beautiful today!!! Prayers DO WORK! God knows better than doctors!
Post a Comment