If anyone "knows knows" me then I think it was silly to even ask me if we were going to find out the sex of the baby. I'm a planner and I tend to stress a little...okay more like a lot over the little things at times. There was absolutely no way that I was not going to find out. I needed to start thinking of names and boy was that an ordeal or what. Everybody and their mother has "called" a name already. Anyway, I also had the nursey to get ready. SO much to do in such a little time. Well, the time came to find out and we took the opportunity. Once we found out the baby was a girl it was on to names and paint colors. Hal and I decided to both go through the baby name book individually and make a list of names we liked. After that we circled the ones we had in common. Being a teacher, my list was not too long. If you are a teacher then you will understand :) We finally decided on a name and slowly started sharing. It's amazing how many Addison's I have met and heard about since we made it official.
Now, I know some people are all about nicknames but I really love the name Addison, so I don't really see myself calling her Addie. I don't want to say the words "never" but I just really love the name Addison so I will call her that. Several people have already started calling her Addie and I don't dislike it so I won't yell at them, but it's not really her name:) Anyway, it's not a big deal. When she's older and has her own opinion then we will let her tell us what she likes to be called. Now on to paint colors...
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment